The Chick3n Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes coming! New Link, Server News, New Videos

+5
dgh13
CombustLemonz
ImAciidz
Tbanana545
Chick3nman512
9 posters

Go down

Changes coming! New Link, Server News, New Videos Empty Changes coming! New Link, Server News, New Videos

Post  Chick3nman512 Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:01 am

Hello everyone, it's Chick3nman! There are some things I thought I'd tell you about before and as they happen.

1. The link to the forums is going to be changed over to http://forums.chick3nman.com/ The old link and the new one will continue to work for a while together but the old link will eventually be phased out.

2. The server is down. I removed it from my host and have started to host it on a box with far more memory. The only issue is, the server is still horribly out of date. Updating it would be impossible if we wanted to keep all of the features it has and everyones creations and data and items and things. For the time being, the server is offline. I will be talking to the mods and probably asking my subscribers in a few videos what they would like me to do with the server. Nothing has be lost so in the event that we decide to keep it at the current version everything will still be there. When it comes back online, the address will be mc.chick3nman.com. You can go ahead and add that to your server list to view the current status of the server and maybe catch it when it comes back online.

3. Videos. I haven't posted videos in a while, I also haven't played nearly enough minecraft to keep up with all the changes. In my personal and honest opinion, minecraft has really gone too far. Part of the fun of miecraft was the simplicity of how it worked. Now with Release1.8, I feel that the simplicity has been completely lost. I will still continue to make videos in minecraft, glitch videos and maybe a map or two, but i would like to start adding other types of videos to my channel as well. That's where i need help. I need to know what other games or other types of video you guys would like to see. I will be posting a video or two asking all of my subs about this also so feel free to leave suggestions here or in the comments on those videos. Or even on my twitter, @Chick3nman512 .

Any questions or comments can be posted here, on my channel, or on twitter!
Chick3nman512
Chick3nman512
Admin
Admin

http://chick3nman.com

Back to top Go down

Changes coming! New Link, Server News, New Videos Empty Server reset

Post  Tbanana545 Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:55 pm

As a member just saying that i would be totally fine with a server reset to get it working on 1.8
Tbanana545
Tbanana545

http://thelegendsPS3.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Changes coming! New Link, Server News, New Videos Empty Re: Changes coming! New Link, Server News, New Videos

Post  Chick3nman512 Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Tbanana545 wrote:As a member just saying that i would be totally fine with a server reset to get it working on 1.8

Alright, we'll see what everyone says.
Chick3nman512
Chick3nman512
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Changes coming! New Link, Server News, New Videos Empty Re: Changes coming! New Link, Server News, New Videos

Post  ImAciidz Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:29 pm

I wouldn't mind a server reset, but unless you have a great idea for the spawn, you should just recreate the old one, just for pure nostalgia.

I'm PoconoMan BTW, I have since changed usernames. Glad to see the server is coming back! Just one question, will I keep my donation rank?

Either way, I am fine with a reset. It was beginning to get boring. Just get a good seed (maybe amplified?), and I think the players will be happy.

ImAciidz
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Chick3nman512 Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:31 am

I'm assuming if we bring it back, we will try to preserve as much as we can without messing things up, so yes you would keep that rank. That said, Minecraft isn't exactly heading in a direction that would point to us being able to keep the server up and sustainable for a long time. Even some of the biggest servers are running into this dilemma of constant updates and constant problems. Plus, with all of the extra crap they have added in the last two versions, i can only imagine how hard plugins that protect player property and stop cheating have to work. That kind of complexity adds a multitude of things that can go wrong. We might, depending on public opinion, change the version that the server runs on to a stable version and then leave it that version for future updates.
Chick3nman512
Chick3nman512
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CombustLemonz Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:28 pm

I would be against a server reset unless I was given some of what I had before the reset. I have tons of diamonds and stuff at my plot that I spent tons of time trying to get. I would like to have them back. If you don't believe me I have diamonds on my plot you can physically check. I will also miss some of my creations. Will I keep my donor rank? I would assume so but I was just curious. If for some reason I could not be given what I had before the reset(If there is one) I would like to have more sethomes and maybe some more donor perks. Thanks in advance and I am excited to see the server coming back.
CombustLemonz
CombustLemonz
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Chick3nman512 Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:31 pm

If we did decide to reset, donors would keep their rank and there would be some compensation for people who would be losing their stuff. We might run the old server for a set amount of time and let everyone trade in all the items they want to be compensated for. Then take that information to the new server in the form of ingame money or items.
Chick3nman512
Chick3nman512
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dgh13 Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm ok with a server reset, if anyone cares. I think a new start would be great. Can't wait until the server is back up!
-dgh13

dgh13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lego_Dylan Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:57 pm

I'd love to see the server again. Its lego_Dylan. It has been a few years... Last I remember I was 11 making swag hotels for every one to live
Lego_Dylan
Lego_Dylan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesterfuture1 Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm not quite sure how I feel about a reset,becasue some of the stuff I built/grinded for would be lost. That being said, if there were to be a reset I like the idea of being compensated. Being compensated entails to a whole new range of questions though like. Would we jus ttrade it in for in game cash? Would we be only able to trade in raw resources eg. Diamonds Iron . Or could we also trade in some none raw things such as Armour with enchants and items with enchants? How much would they get? See how this would go? Either way I don't mind a reset but if its at all avoidable( Which by what you said, that you will need to reset it for compatability) I'd like to not do one.

Jesterfuture1

Back to top Go down

Post  SMJ-57 Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:36 am

Just reset it, I totally miss the server

SMJ-57
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  bluedragon965 Thu May 14, 2015 5:38 am

Personally I'm fine with whatever you do. I only have one rule. NO VOXEL LIKE EVER Melting my damn houses and stuff. Damned arrows of melting I swear.
bluedragon965
bluedragon965

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down