The Chick3n Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A recommendation. (PLEASE READ!)

4 posters

Go down

A recommendation. (PLEASE READ!) Empty A recommendation. (PLEASE READ!)

Post  PoconoMan Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 am

Hello, players, moderators, admins, awesome people, chick3n..

I'm having trouble connecting/playing on the server. A lot of my friends are having this problem as well... My game crashes on every computer I use, including my new Alienware m14x R2 and my grandmothers absolute beast computer. Also, I think after that grief I lost pretty much.. everything in my house. So two things: make a fully new world, new style, not the same spawn Razz like you did on zig's server, and also get rid of useless plugins that don't get used that much.. I heard there's... 60 plugins? And when my game crashes, I don't get an error report. I get sometimes a BSOD (blue screen of death) or just the game closes out, and before it does close out, I get white streaks across the screen. Not just within the game window, but onto my taskbar as well. If you make these changes, i'll let my friends know and I'll even go ahead and do a server review (and play it a whole lot more often.) Put up a world download too, if the idea does get put forward.

For some reason, my old account got deleted.. lol (my forums account, not my mc)

I'm one of the first 500 people on here.. and the 5th donator

thanks to the people who read this

The word of chick3n's "goodbye": Goo-bye-bye!

Last edited by PoconoMan on Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made an error.)

PoconoMan

Back to top Go down

A recommendation. (PLEASE READ!) Empty Re: A recommendation. (PLEASE READ!)

Post  Chick3nman512 Thu May 23, 2013 6:09 pm

We have 33 plugins and we have minimized the lag across all of them as much as possible. We removed as many as we could when we updated so there would be less to update. Most of the people that are currently active on the server aren't having any issues at all. Make sure you are giving minecraft enough RAM maybe? I'm not sure why it would crash. I can change your location on the server in-case you got stuck next to something that's causing lag. The streaks on your screen are not being caused by my server. Those are most likely artifacts due to your graphics card overloading/overheating(maybe because you are playing minecraft?) or your CPU overheating/overloading. Artifacts like that are most common due to heat issues or due to instability on your CPU/GPU because they are over/under-clocked to a bad frequency. As for zig's server, we didn't copy it, he did. No idea why he did. But he did. I would really check on heat and fan speeds for your GPU/CPU. If they are overheating it could permanently damage them.
Chick3nman512
Chick3nman512
Admin
Admin

http://chick3nman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravediggerlover01 Fri May 24, 2013 12:29 am

Hello, Ty for getting back to me.

I will in fact be sending my Alienware into Dell for faulty processor. But it was fine before it crashed. Also this IS poco, managed to get my old acc back. hehe^^ but about the thing with the streaks.. It ONLY and strictly ONLY happens on your server. I did some research, and, there is a plugin that can cause that on lower end machines... But It's only started in 1.3.1+. The only mods I use are optifine standard and rei's minimap and mod loader and ehh RadarBro. I've tried it with and without mods, and tried certain ones and certain combinations. Another reason I think the world should be redone is that you can't find diamonds. It just isn't possible, lol. People have mined so much and the terrain near spawn is kinda uneven... Hard to navigate. I have not found a single diamond ore on the server and have only gotten diamond via bank xD

My conclusion is that you need a computer like chick3ns :p to play on the server. I've tried numerous things and changed mc's ram to 2gb+ and set the priority to java in task manager under processes to high.

But anyway, thanks.

-Poco

Gravediggerlover01

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravediggerlover01 Fri May 24, 2013 12:32 am

Also, what happened to ricochet and blue? Lol Razz

Gravediggerlover01

Back to top Go down

Post  Chick3nman512 Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 am

I have no idea how a plugin could ever cause that unless it caused too much stress on your graphics card. Artifacts are graphics card problems. Plugins shoudn't be using your graphics card. At all. world generation is your CPU. Make sure you don't have OpenGL on in optifine if you dont have that capability or your card isn't configured for it. Also what plugin did you find that said that? You are seriously the first person i have talked to with this kind of problem.
Chick3nman512
Chick3nman512
Admin
Admin

http://chick3nman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PoconoMan Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 am

Sorry for posting within two accounts, but I don't use advanced OpenGL, I turn pretty much every setting in optifine off, and then I turn on the ones that improve FPS. It wasn't a certain plugin, if I remember correctly it was a world generation plugin maybe? No idea how it would affect my computer/game though. And I don't think it's a problem with the computer, since it happens on all of them. I don't understand it.. and also I do run 32bit java because for some reason on my alienware if I install any kind of mod the game doesn't run on 64 or 32.. it's odd. I did see someone else post about this on the forums, back when 1.4 came out..

also if you are curious my pc specs that might come into play on my alienware are on my steam profile (I have you as a friend on steam, name is Mr. Poco)
so what did happen to blue and ricochet?

Thanks,
Poco

PoconoMan

Back to top Go down

Post  bluedragon965 Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 pm

WINDOWS 8 HATES MINECRAFT THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!! i lag so hard on sam's server idk why
bluedragon965
bluedragon965

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravediggerlover01 Fri May 24, 2013 6:54 pm

bluedragon965 wrote:WINDOWS 8 HATES MINECRAFT THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!! i lag so hard on sam's server idk why

I hate windows 8. I run 7 or xp on my computers. NEVER VISTA XD..

here Is one of the things that happens while on the server...

https://imgur.com/o3GiNQw

lolwut?

Last edited by Gravediggerlover01 on Fri May 24, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Something got placed in that I didn't type..)

Gravediggerlover01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down